You need some quick snacks that aren’t super messy for your upcoming flight, right? 🙋♀️🙋♂️ I totally get it – having snacks on hand 24/7 is a total lifesaver, especially with little ones tagging along. In this post, I’ve compiled a list of the absolute best airplane travel snacks for toddlers that have been tried and tested by moms everywhere. So let’s get straight to it!
After all, we all deserve a stress-free flight!
This post is all about airplane travel snacks for toddlers.
Post you may also like: BABY TRAVEL ESSENTIALS- TRAVEL ESSENTIALS FOR BABY OR TODDLER
Whether you’re wheels in the sky for a short time or for a longer flight, the last thing you want is hangry toddlers on your hands!
I’m talking all snacks! Healthy snacks, Organic snacks, Gluten free snacks… I think you get the point. ALL SNACKS that are great just all-around toddler travel grub.
Best Travel Snacks for Toddlers
Basically, Stick to foods that your kiddo is familiar with. It’s quite simple. Traveling is not the time to explore food items. You just want to get to your destination without a meltdown. okay?
Certainly, aim for reasonably healthy options (though, a little treat here and there won’t hurt), and keep an eye on that sugar intake.
But, just like fed is best…familiar is best in this case.
If this is your first flight with a baby and you are unsure bout flight policy…Then check out our post on Spirit airline infant policy. This will give you a good idea of what to expect.
- Avoid fresh fruit on a flight. It’s simply too hard to keep the fruit cool and fresh for safe eating. Instead try fruit bars. Our toddler loves the fruit bars by “That’s it” and “Solely”. These companies are super transparent about their clean ingredients list. Hence, why we love them so much! If you want fruit, here is fruit.
- Also, Freeze dried fruit or a nut-free trail mix is always a great option for a toddler and the whole family. Besides the choking risk of nuts, you never know who may have a nut allergy on the flight so I would completely avoid bringing nuts as a travel snack for toddlers
- Another great option are Puffs. Puffs are great travel snacks for toddlers and like GOLD. They are also mom favorites as in-flight snacks for toddlers. Puffs are so adorned by toddlers all around the world, you can’t possibly go wrong with them. The best part is that they are easy clean up snacks and can be mess-free with the right travel snack containers.
Healthy Airplane Travel Snacks
Because it’s hard to travel with fruits and veggies, we’ve done the work for you and gathered a list of the best healthy airplane travel snacks for toddlers.
Altogether, These are healthy airplane travel snacks for toddlers that won’t spoil by the time you reach your destination. Regardless if you have a short domestic or a long international flight, these toddler snacks are a win for the airplane.
Vegetarian Airplane Travel Snacks
Don’t think I forgot about all the vegetarian mamas out there. Because here is a of travel snacks for toddlers that are strictly for my veggie lovers.
Listen, I know what you’re thinking…
Can’t I just add the recommendations from the healthy snack list?
Consequently, Yes, if you paired the travel snack recommendations from the healthy snack list to would end up with a vegetarian list. So go ahead.
These are just a few options for you to choose; for what works for your toddler and you’re family.
Vegan Travel Snacks for Toddlers*
Earlier, we talked about the healthy and vegetarian options. But, what about the vegan options? In my opinion the vegan options probably are the most fun options of the whole list because you are forced to be a bit more creative with the food options. But, let’s talk about them.
Gluten Free Snacks for Toddlers on Plane*
By all means, we’ve got to talk Gluten free! There is a lot of gluten free moms seeking the best travel snacks for toddlers. Yet, they hit a wall. So, let’s fix that.
- Once again, the Puffs from My Serenity Kids are a great option. Basically, all of the puffs and pouches offered by My Serenity Kids are a great option. They are absolutely praised in the mom community for providing really great grain free options for puffs. If interested in trying them out I have a discount code you can find it here.
- Auntie Annie’s Bunny Grahams are super delicious and your toddler will love this travel snack.
- Identically, ‘That’s it’ crunchable fruit snacks are just as delicious and are a clean option for moms with toddlers. They are also listed in the section above under ‘Best travel snacks for toddlers’.
Travel Snacks for Picky Eaters
No matter what you pack as a travel snack for your toddler you may run into a picky eater situation. Surprisingly, even with the most pickiest of eaters there are a few ways to cause excitement around the snacks you have packed for your little one.
With excitement you need fun. So here’s the best way to be on your toddlers good side for the flight.
- Make a snack kabob (almost like a fruit kabob)
- Let them design a snack necklace (pretzels, cheerios, and puffs)
- Play a matching game with the toddler snacks (You can purchase the matching game food container here, it’s pretty clever)
Airplane Snacks That Are Really Meals
You’re probably wondering what I mean when I say “snacks but really meals”. I’ll show you…
So, My Serenity Kids has pouches that remind toddlers of their favorite yogurt or applesauce pouches. But, instead inside these pouches are nutrient-dense meals. My family and I love these pouches because they are super hearty and great for filling those little bellies.
Mess-Free Travel Snacks
So, because we have hit on the most recommended mess-free travel snacks sporadically, let’s organize them into one list so you know exactly what they are.
These are the mess-free travel snacks for toddlers:
- Dried Fruit
- Oatmeal Bars
- Granola Bars
- Rice Cakes
- Fruit Bars
- Veggie Pouches
- Fruit Pouches
- Graham Crackers
- Roasted Chickpeas
- Veggie Chips
- Seaweed Chips
- Mini PB&J Bites
- Squeezable Almond Butter
- Savory Meat Pouches
- Veggie Sticks
- Packaged Dates
- Grain Bars
Toddler Snack Packing Ideas for Airplane Travel
Easy Toddler On The Go Snacks (Toddler Approved)
Best No-spill Snack Containers for Flights
Well mamas, I hope you got what you came looking for. This post just gave you the in’s and the outs of all the best travel snacks for toddlers. If you are curious about airline policies regarding how to pack these in a “diaper bag” see this post about how to fly with an infant.